Well, Hello There Blogosphere!.

Well, here goes nothing. After a dear friend suggested it, I've taken to the blogosphere to share (and rant, and rave and brag and ponder..etc) about life with my boys. I'm guessing that whoever reads this will be friends or family so perhaps introductions are unneccessary. Still, in the off chance that a stranger happens upon this, I'm Suzie. I share my life, my love and my home with my boys: my husband, Tim, our sons, Owen and Simon and my big hairy beast of a dog, Berkley (aka. Berk-the-jerk). A year ago, we bought our new house and we're slowly but surely transforming it into our dream home. This house has already won a special place in our hearts, Simon was born here. We've got big, crazy plans for this place and I think that a blog might be just the ticket in helping us to chronicle the transformations. We're DIY-ers and totally shameless cheapskates. Luckily, Tim is a superb handyman and he's not afraid to tackle some jobs that would likely cause your average handyman to have heart palpitations. We've been here 1 year and have checked a few big fat projects off our long list including a complete gut of the downstairs powder room, and the addition of a wall and closet space to restore our home to the 4 bedroom it was always destined to be. Really, the absence of that wall gave me the sense that the awkwardly large and narrow bedroom was crying out for a bowling lane. Hey, that could've been fun...but I've never liked those shoes. We've also torn down the death trap...uh, I mean deck..that used to hang off the back of our house, and we're in the middle of rebuilding an outdoor space. Here are some before, after and during pics of our constantly evolving home. I'm going to see how this blogging thing suits me, thanks for checking it out.

Here's a "Before" shot of our main floor powder room. It was your standard builders fittings circa 1993.


Here's an "After" pic. We replaced the toilet, the vanity (it came with a granite top and sink!), bought a new mirror, light fixture and accessories, and painted the room in a warm toasty colour called "string". A couple of photos I took in Ireland were printed for 67 cents and  framed in $7 Walmart frames. I've gotta admit though I'm not convinced that they're enough on that wall. I may be adding other small pieces to these or I may move them somewhere else entirely in favour of something more substantial on this wall. 

I'll post soon about our big pink gong show.

Comments

  1. Welcome to the land of blog!!

    Just wanted to say Hi! (It's Wendy from Walton)

    I have a blog as well.... http://mapsgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzie - Just hopping over from your comment on my blog, today (thanks again for the kind words)... I can't wait to see more of your home improvements! :) Liz (from http://makingsomethinggood.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Occasional Abandonment

Raising My Boys; a Personal Manifesto

The Power of the Belly